Journey Into... Discussion

of the unknown, mystery, space, science, fun, adventure, suspense, fantasy, terror...
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Welcome
Welcome to journeyinto

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Delusion #21 - Review of The Force Awakens, part 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Marshal, Rish, and Renee Chambliss talk about their first impressions of The Force Awakens.

Discuss:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Delusion #21 - Review of The Force Awakens, part 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 pm 

Boy - am I late to this party !
Fun review so far guys - looking forward to the next episode.

My viewing experience :
I REALLY wanted to see this on the opening day - BUT about two weeks before I'd fallen over while playing a game with my son and broken my arm. So I couldn't drive to the theatre's to see it. I was really worried that some jerk would ruin it for my, but thankfully no one did. My family were house sitting on the coast ( about 40 minutes north of Wellington ), and my wife's parents were able to babysit my boys the day after Christmas and we were able to go to the local cinema and see it. There weren't too many people at the showing we went to, it was about half full. No one was particularly OTT in their responses - but everyone seemed to enjoy it.

We were back home in Wellington this week, and my arm has gotten better to the point where I can drive again - so I took my eldest to see it. He really liked it - Kylo Ren is his favuorite character ( he's going through a villain thing at the moment ), but I think that Finn was a close second. I was really happy that I got to see it again with him. I've been dreaming of seeing a new Star Wars film on screen with him for years now !

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:22 pm 

Not sure if I ever said this before, but that new "Force Awakens" trailer intro is a thing of beauty, Marshal.

Of course, I tend to step all over them on the episodes I edit, but . . .

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:25 pm 

Seraph wrote:
We were back home in Wellington this week, and my arm has gotten better to the point where I can drive again - so I took my eldest to see it.!

Remind me how big a deal Star Wars is in New Zealand. Here in the U.S., I'd say that about 75% of people on social media were talking about it (even if it was "Ohhh, I'm so sick of hearing about Star Wars when there's stuff x is doing in politics to infuriate me"), and about 95% of movie-goers were headed to that film instead of, say, ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS 8: GO MUNK YOURSELF. Were people at work talking about it? Is there Star Wars merchandise in every single store down there? Is the lack of Maori presence in the flick upsetting to anybody?

Report this post