Journey Into... Discussion

of the unknown, mystery, space, science, fun, adventure, suspense, fantasy, terror...
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Welcome
Welcome to journeyinto

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Delusion #8 - Star Wars Origins: Marshal and Rish
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Marshal and Rish talk about their first experiences with Star Wars

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Delusion #8 - Star Wars Origins: Marshal and Rish
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Previous comments from spaceVulture:

I swear I remember seeing Star Wars in the theaters but I was born in 1977. It must have been a re-release. I remember seeing it with my brother and going to the gas station after to get a drumstick. I loved the movie when I saw it, but honestly, at that time Tron totally captured my imagination more. It was probably the colors and that we could use frisbees to play it, and that my Dad had a home computer almost as early as you could and we played a few games on it. Now though, Star Wars is one of my favorites and I do my best to ignore everything that happened after the first Zahn trilogy of books.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Previous comments from Rish Outfield:

My parents went to see "Star Wars" one night, and I was left with a babysitter. Since the movie pretty much played all throughout 1977, most of '78, in '79, and '81, it could've been any time in that stretch. I always wish they had thought to take me along. As it stands, I didn't see the movie unti 1982, and didn't become a fan until the next year, in May 1983, when I saw "Jedi." Then, I begged my father to rent "Star Wars" for me (and "Empire," not knowing it wasn't out on video yet) and borrowing a VCR, we made a copy of it so I could watch it over and over and over and over and over again. I haven't seen "Star Wars" in nine or ten years, and it's STILL the movie I've seen the most times.

I didn't see "Empire" until it came out in '84. My friend Steven had a birthday party the day it came out on video and we watched it at his house (a group of kids), and when I got home from the party, my dad had picked it up from the video store so I was able to sit and watch "Empire" again, by myself, sticking it on the well-worn tape that also held "Star Wars." When "Jedi" came out in video in 1985, I stuck it on that same videocassette, but because of the length of the three movies, it ended up running out of tape at the very end of the movie (during the Endor celebration), which (somehow) still bugs me all these years later.

I saw all three "Special Editions" the day they came out, and it was my first time seeing "Star Wars" and "Empire" on the big screen. The Prequels I also saw on their respective opening nights, in '99, '02, and '05. The only one of the films I didn't really, really like from the first viewings were "Star Wars" and "Revenge of the Sith." But I've explained my excuse for the first one (we watched it in the Legion Hall of my little town, with about forty other people, all sitting ont he floor on a little television up against the opposite wall, and it was hard to see and hard to hear, so I didn't realize what I was missing out on).

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:27 pm 

Growing up, we watched Star Wars (original theatrical versions) so many times, I don't remember the very first time. I'm pretty sure I was only seven or eight when I saw the first one, and I watched them in order. For a long time, Return of the Jedi was my favorite, but Empire eventually conquered (of course) as my new favorite. It's still a very close battle between 4, 5, and 6. I realize I've seen 1 several times, but 2 and 3 only once each. And none of them recently, and I have no real desire to watch them again.

Report this post